The Ghana Baptist Convention consists of about 1100 local churches in Ghana which have been grouped into 30 Associations, divided into 4 Sectors.
The Convention has five Boards that carry out specific functions. They are: Christian Education and Church Development Board, Theological Education Board, Evangelism and Missions Board, Socio-Economic Development Board, and Finance and Administrative Board.
In addition to these Boards, there are committees such as International Missions Committee, Ministerial Recognition Committee, Nominating Committee, etc. that perform some duties for the Convention.
The current officers of the Convention are:
- Rev. Dr. Stephen K. Asante - President
- Rev. Dr. Nii Amoo Darku - Vice-President
- Rev. David Narteh Ocansey - General Secretary
- Rev. Alexander Offih Kyei - Treasurer
- Stella Pearl Laryea (Mrs.) - Recording Secretary
- Erica Essie Wilson (Mrs.) - Assistant Recording Secretary
The Ghana Baptist Convention is a member of these larger organizations:
- Baptist World Alliance (BWA)
- All African Baptist Fellowship (AABF)
- Christian Council of Ghana (CCG)
- Ghana Evangelism Committee (GEC)