EXECUTIVE SEARCH: DIRECTOR GENERAL (FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION)
The Ghana Baptist Convention (GBC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the executive position of Director General (Finance & Administration) located at the Baptist House, Abelenkpe – Accra. The Job holder would report to the President and be responsible for the development of finance and administration strategies, policies, procedures, systems and controls, and monitor their implementation to ensure the achievement of the mission, vision and goals of the Convention.
The job holder shall have oversight responsibility and will be accountable for effective and efficient management of the following functions under the Finance & Administration Division: Finance, Human Resources and Administration, Baptist Relief and Development Agency (BREDA), Non-Tertiary and Non-Theological Educational Institutions, Health Services, Hospitality Services, Estates, Stakeholder Relations & Management, Financial Management, Information & Reporting, Employee Performance & Development.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to formulate, review and recommend for approval and communication, the Convention’s corporate strategy and functional areas’ business plans.
- Lead in the development, revision and approval of Human Resources strategies, policies, programmes, plans, procedures and systems.
- Direct, guide and monitor the implementation of financial administration strategies, policies, processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient financial management of the Convention.
- Lead, guide and monitor the development, dissemination and implementation of a procurement strategy, policies and systems.
- Direct, guide and monitor the development of strategies, policies and systems for the implementation of social intervention programmes and projects of the Convention to meet the needs of communities / individuals.
- Liaise with the Trustees of GBC to formulate policies, plans, processes, procedures and systems for monitoring and managing the acquisition, maintenance and disposal of the properties / assets of the Convention.
- Direct and guide the development of strategies, policies and systems for monitoring the operational performance and policy compliance of all Non-Tertiary and Non-Theological Educational Institutions, Health Service and Hospitality Services provision.
- Postgraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or its equivalent; or member of a recognised professional body in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or Administration; plus
- An ordained Minister of the Ghana Baptist Convention with a minimum of a first degree in Theology or its equivalent.
- Ten (10) years relevant working experience in a senior management position in a reputable institution.
- Must have held a leadership position within the Ghana Baptist Convention.
Knowledge and capabilities
- Model Christian maturity and commitment to the ministry of Jesus Christ and discipleship.
- Knowledge and understanding of Convention’s Constitution, Bye-Laws, Baptist Polity, Ethos and Values and ability to appropriately apply this knowledge in various situations within the Convention.
- Good working knowledge of accounting/finance in accordance with IFRS and other standards and related regulations.
- Ability to work with all categories of people, staff and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic development issues and their impact locally and globally.
- Strong ability to assess and analyse financial statements and budget documents.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning and development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Good knowledge in project management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and other financial/administration software and tools.
- Excellent leadership, coaching, mentoring, counselling and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
AGE LIMIT: NOT MORE THAN 55 YEARS
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email or the address provided below, not later than 11th December, 2022:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter.
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates; present originals when invited for interview.
- Completed Academic, Professional and Spiritual Reference Forms.
- A letter confirming your membership of a Convention Member-Church.
OR DELIVER DIRECTLY TO:
Director General Search Committee
Ghana Baptist Convention
No. 11 Yiyiwa Street, Abelenkpe, Accra
P. O. Box AN19909 Accra-North
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Detailed Job Description for Director General – Finance and Administration
- Academic Reference Form
- Professional Reference Form
- Spiritual Reference Form